N*Raged Forums

A lovely rant about the media and society

Ike

And starting to DESPISE the media!

I've been brought up to take everything I see on television/ hear on the radio/read in the papers with a pinch of salt, but this whole michael Jackson fiasco has really opened my eyes to the greedy monsters pulling our strings.

I always adored him, and after all the recent media coverage (the THIS IS IT :( tour and his death) I have been researching his life..

A reoccurring theme is his shyness, reluctancy to give interviews and staements. It becomes obvious as to why this is if you simply search some combinations of the following words in google;

Michael Jackson Face Molestation

I mean seriously, I believe that a thirteen year old boy (most guys start puberty at about twelve thirteen right?) not only becoming a man but a boy who is very aware of the world around him and what is acceptable and unacceptable in terms of relationships with adult males? Why would he even risk that, there's just no way! (Both boys claiming to be molested were thirteen?)

I stand by that he was proved innocent in court, despite all the negative press, outrageous accusations and apauling behavior of the American police dealing with him.

Back to my point, there were so many journalists and pulic figures tearing this man appart for years.. he gave MILLIONS of dollars to charities around the world and allowed disadvantaged children a great day out at neverland.. FREE.

Its a cruel world, yet he still had faith in the human race? Incredible.

I think everyone could learn someting from the way he lived his life.

As I sat watching the television today I saw an advert for "the last days of Michael Jackson"

the narator said something along the lines of "..on the other hand, crippled by debt and allegedly abusing pain killers in order to get..."

I mean WTF!??!?! They are focusing on ALLEGATIONS?? Money hungry barstweards if you ask me!!! Why don't we look at the FACTS about his life like having the number one album sales of all time or over-generous donations to charities but NOOO already they are conspiring about his cause of death.

It sickens me and has taught me to seriously think about EVERY article on television, in papers/magazines and wherever else.

Just wanted to rant about that :D

I stand by that he was proved innocent in court, despite all the negative press, outrageous accusations and apauling behavior of the American police dealing with him.

He was found 'not guilty'. That's not the same as being found innocent.

Personally, I believe that he engaged in some questionable and most likely illegal activities involving those children. However, that is no ones business but his own and those involved. I enjoy his music and the other work he's done and that's what I admire and respect about him. As for his personal life activities, that's not my business. Don't get me wrong, if I were to have caught him in the act of committing a crime, then I would report it. But I'm not going to let his personal mistakes interfere with my enjoyment of what he has given to the rest of the world.

Using the song Thriller as an example.. It's a great song. I'm not going to suddenly hate it because of what he likely did. Just like I'm not going to hate eating steak just because some cow gets mad with a disease. Just in that case, I'll avoid that particular cow.

I had to physically restrain myself today.

It was the 'memorial' issue of 'Ok' magazine. I really wanted to read it..

But the picture on the cover was him being taken into the ambulance (already dead?)

And I thought..

If I was as insecure as he was, like with all the make-up and surgery(?) would I really want pictures of myself on my deathbed plastered all over the tabloids?

Well no.. using his death for money!

Edited by Ike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's pretty funny, I opened a thread on another section of the boards talking about the media and Michael Jackson's death, too. I've noticed that some people are still defaming him despite the fact that he's no longer around to defend himself, but what angers me the most are the figures of the media who bashed him when he was alive and now treat him as if he were royalty. In my opinion, they should leave him to rest in peace. I was hoping that his death would indicate the end of this chaos that was Michael Jackson's final years as a celebrity.

The United States media tears our celebrities apart. It's really sad. I absolutely agree that one should always take responsibility for one's actions, but the media played a major role in the destruction of Michael Jackson. They absolutely did and anyone that would be willing to deny that clearly doesn't know enough about this man and thus, frankly shouldn't even be participating in a debate concerning the King of Pop.

I never believed anything that the media had to say about the alleged molestations of these little boys. From what I understand, the second boy that was allegedly molested admitted after Jackson's death that it was all a scheme created by his father to get money out of Michael Jackson. I don't know whether or not the article is valid, but frankly, who's to say what is and isn't true? Half of the things that the media expresses to us, it's public, isn't true. The only thing that I can say is that Michael Jackson was a man who spent a lifetime giving and giving without expecting anything in return and it truly angers me when people say that he was a bad man for loving children in the way he did.

I believe that Michael Jackson was a man who was denied a childhood because his poor excuse for a father wanted to re-create his dream in his children. I appreciate the fact that he introduced Michael Jackson to the world, but I find that it's horrible when a person's childhood is taken away from them, and that's exactly what happened to Michael Jackson. He didn't have a childhood, and that, in my opinion, is where his love for children derived. Sure, some of his activities with these children could be considered questionable by those individuals who thought about them in perverted ways, and he explained that in several of his interviews. It's only sexual if you make it sexual, and that was never his intention.

I also believe that Michael Jackson had pure intentions with all children that he encountered. He had many issues because of things that happened to him during his childhood, but he was a very intelligent man, and I don't believe he'd do the same thing twice considering that he is who he is. His children loved him, and that furthermore supports my opinion that he was a genuinely amazing man who loved children -- that's why he was an amazing father for those kids -- and whether or not they are biologically "his" children is none of anyone's concern. He raised them and loved them as his own, and they loved him as their father. That's more than enough for me. He was declared "not guilty" which clearly doesn't mean innocent in legal terms, but ultimately it means that the verdict can't be innocent or guilty without a sufficient amount of doubt. My verdict is that he wasn't guilty.. period. He blessed us with music for a very long time and for that along with his contributions to the ENTIRE WORLD, I love Michael Jackson, and I always will. Screw the media and what they think or have to say. Long live the King! We love you Michael!

Edited by Apocalyptic