N*Raged Forums

Girl, 4, dies in washing machine

Wolfie

Girl, 4, dies in washing machine

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 04:00 AM

A 4-year-old girl died after she climbed into a washing machine and her little brother switched it on, Orange County sheriff's officials said Tuesday.

Kayley Ishii was in the water-filled tumbling machine for at least two minutes before her mother found her Monday, said sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino.

The girl apparently climbed into the front-loading washer at her home before her 1-year-old brother started the machine by bumping against it or pushing a button, Amormino said. The machine's controls were 20 inches from the floor.

The girl died at a hospital Monday night. An autopsy found she died of blunt-force trauma, and the death was ruled accidental.

The girl's father, Reuben Ishii, declined to comment to reporters.

The Associated Press

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 04:00 AM

Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

I don't know why but I was thinking about this story earlier. To say that the girl must have been terrified during her last moments alive would be an understatement. I can't imagine (nor would I want to) what it must have been like to see someone trapped like that, being unable to do anything to save them.

• 2 weeks later...