N*Raged Forums

I hate school

Bah. I hate school. Your forced to learn about stuff you don't give a damn about and then you have to spend all your day doing homework. :P then comes all the stereotyping, butches, and all that kinda stuff. I wish I was homeschooled. I actually find getting books from the library and wanting to learn from them more educational than being forced to, even if it's something boring. :o Yea, school sucks.

Rant over.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Yeah school bites then you graduate and think you're free of all that crappy stereotyping , gossip, name calling and other dumb a$$ stuff and then you get a job and find out the same crap happens there!

Home schooling will save you ! And working from home later is the only answer!

• 2 months later...

I disagree. Although there is a lot of stereotyping involved in schooling and later in life when you begin to work, that's simply how life is, and it's up to you whether you want to deal with the drama. At my job, there is a lot of drama. That's how life works. I just go in, do my job, and I leave. I don't associate with my co-workers outside of work and keep things strictly professional. It's the best way to just avoid problems with people.

Now as far as school goes, if you plan on going and doing something at home for the rest of your life because you don't want to deal with the potential drama of normal life, I suppose that's your decision, but it's a socially healthy thing to do. As far as the curriculum that you deal with, it's a broad area of topics because these topics are what help you decide what you're going to be as an adult. If you were not good with math, maybe you shouldn't be an accountant. If you were bad with science, maybe you shouldn't plan on being a chemist or anything along those lines. If you were not good with your social studies courses, you probably shouldn't go into politics or plan a history teacher. It's just a matter of expanding your knowledge and helping you to decide what you want to do with your life.

Most institutions of higher education also require you to take general education courses. As a freshman in college, I can tell you that I have to take a math and science class before I graduate, and as annoying as that it, I totally understand that it'll make me a more knowledgeable person. I realize that I will not need to know much about statistics or chemistry or any of the natural sciences in the field of law, but I understand the concept of having general education courses as graduation requirements.

I realize that I will not need to know much about statistics or chemistry or any of the natural sciences in the field of law, but I understand the concept of having general education courses as graduation requirements.

Knowing statistics can be very helpful in the field of law. For being a lawyer, it can help to make a point and to win a case, as an example.