N*Raged Forums

Common Sense

Wolfie

Sometimes common sense isn't as common as it should be, so here are some common sense rules to keep in mind.

• Some mild profanity is allowed. I don't give a damn who you are, you still spew some shit out of your mouth and you're not gonna go to hell for it. (Reading this should give a hint on what is considered mild.)
  • Don't be an ass. If you disagree with someone, that's cool. But don't make yourself one of those people that others complain about. Otherwise you might find yourself being posted about.
  • No personal attacks, period. Also no naming people who are known or easy to find who are unable to defend themselves on these forums. This applies to the general public, not to celebrities and other well known public personalities. If in doubt, change the names of those involved to be fair.
  • I don't care who you are, what you own, how much money you have nor who your daddy is... You don't advertise on this site without approval from me.
  • Kids are allowed on this site (those under 13 require parental approval). If I find someone stalking or trying to use this site to do harm to anyone under 18, I will actively put together logs and other information to hand over to the authorities.
  • Stalking or any other forms of abuse will result in progressive discipline, period. This site can be a great place to vent, have fun and also a wonderful and useful resource. It won't be turned into something bad.
  • Don't be what is referred to as a "spammer". Lots of meaningless off-topic posts that serve no purpose other than to give everyone more reasons to gripe and complain (about them).
  • When there are other staff here, if they make a decision that you disagree with, take it through the proper channels to get it resolved. (When I have staff, I will put up a post of how to do this.) If it gets to me, my decision in the matter is final.
  • Ignorance of a rule won't necessarily grant you a free pass or exception if you break the rule. Rules are subject to changing and updating with or without notice. As soon as a rule is made available to the public, it is enforced immediately.
  • Just because a rule isn't written, it doesn't mean that it's not enforced. Unwritten rules are enforced as well, so don't be the reason an unwritten rule becomes a written one.

If there are any questions about the rules, please feel free to ask.

What about no attempting to buy or sell things? Or is that included in the advertising rule..
what about advertising?
  • I don't care who you are, what you own, how much money you have nor who your daddy is... You don't advertise on this site without approval from me.

Something like that is fine. It's coming on here and making posts trying to drum up sales, business or activity for another site that isn't allowed. Having a signature with links are ok, so long as the signature isn't big as life and also isn't the reason for making posts. (Someone making a post saying "Look at my sig" will find their sig quickly edited to remove advertising)

It's one of those where it's hard to make a firm rule because it'd still be argued as to what is or isn't considered advertising. Link to a youtube video (such as Steffi's), where it's something goofy or whatever, that's fine. Even someone with a modest link to their own site is ok. But a link, where I determine the only purpose of the signature and posts are only to get free advertising, and it's against the rules.

• 7 months later...