N*Raged Forums

College

Grue

I hate the meals at this place. During the week, it's not too bad. On the weekends, they pull out all stops. Every meal is 15 minutes late. They serve us slop. The doors close half an hour earlier. Guess what three out of my four meals consisted of this weekend? Ramen. I'm not waiting for that slop.

I also might add the REASON that they think it's alright that they open late. The cooks are eating at that time. Why the hell would they leave the doors closed "because the cooks are eating?" The cooks eat out in the cafeteria with the rest of us. It's not like everyone will rush in and nab all the slop before the cooks can get their fourth helping.

I hate the meals at this place. During the week, it's not too bad. On the weekends, they pull out all stops. Every meal is 15 minutes late. They serve us slop. The doors close half an hour earlier. Guess what three out of my four meals consisted of this weekend? Ramen. I'm not waiting for that slop.

I also might add the REASON that they think it's alright that they open late. The cooks are eating at that time. Why the hell would they leave the doors closed "because the cooks are eating?" The cooks eat out in the cafeteria with the rest of us. It's not like everyone will rush in and nab all the slop before the cooks can get their fourth helping.

You could always stir the pot some by reporting the late openings. Yes, bad pun intended there.

Anyways, if the hours posted say that they are open at a certain time, and they are always more than a couple of minutes late, then you could call the BBB and report it. It's bad business (and in fact, illegal) to advertise an opening time and then never open at that time. :shiftyninja: Just make sure that you won't need to use the cafeteria again, because they'll hate you once they are whipped back to work.

Actually, if I say anything, they won't know it's me. Since I'm a freshman, I have a "class" called freshman seminar. I can tell that teacher about anything that goes on and he will submit it anonymously. He did the same thing when people reported that every breakfast was fifteen minutes late.

I almost laughed at that "Make sure you don't have to use the cafeteria again" comment. My car is four and a half hours away at the quickest and the closest place to get food-like-substances is the gas station a mile away. I would walk farther, but this isn't exactly the best neighborhood, if you get my meaning.

the way it works at my school, you swipe your card, and then you get whatever you want-- there's a salad bar, 2 soups (always a vegetarian option and one that has meat) a "homestyle" section, the "red hot chef" a pizza section, the grill, and the vegetarian/vegan room, oh and desserts. basically, even if it's all shit, you can get as much of it as you want, so usually you can find something to eat. we also have a menu up for the week, so if it's really terrible at dinner, you can go to the coffee shop, which also contains a subway, a grill, and a wrap place, and you can trade a meal for a meal there. it's not a bad deal.

i'll still say there are days when it's just gross, but that's life, it's not like a parent never made some new experimental dish that wasn't too hot, right? you just have to deal with it.

• 2 months later...