N*Raged Forums

Wendy's

Wolfie

• 1 month later...

Wendy's is a HORRIBLE establishment and they should all go out of business.

I've been boycotting Wendy's since March and don't intend to stop anytime soon, or ever really. Any restaurant that tries to kill me and my unborn child should have to pay! So, they gave me a coupon for a free hamburger, how gracious. Damn them all to pieces. They should rot in the messes they create!

Edited by fluffyrat

Wendy's is a HORRIBLE establishment and they should all go out of business.

I've been boycotting Wendy's since March and don't intend to stop anytime soon, or ever really. Any restaurant that tries to kill me and my unborn child should have to pay! So, they gave me a coupon for a free hamburger, how gracious. Damn them all to pieces. They should rot in the messes they create!

What happened?

Hrm...it's a long story, I'll warn you...I'll TRY and give the Reader's Digest version though...

Basically, I got to my hotel at the end of a 6 hour road trip and saw a Wendy's in the parking lot. I'm like, "Cool, grilled chicken sandwich...perfect!" So, I go over, order a "Ultimate Chicken grill LETTUCE ONLY!" and go back to the hotel. Oh...I was 6 months pregnant at the time, so getting my food wrong was a BAD idea. So, basically, it was a fried sandwich, I all ready felt like a heffer (Don't know why, I'd only gained 10 pounds at that point.) and there was NO way I was eating a fried sanwich. Besides that, I don't even LIKE their fried sandwiches. So, I took it back said, "This was supposed to be grilled, lettuce only."

They remade it and handed it to me. I checked it there, which pissed them off, and it had EVERYTHING on it, including mayo, which I'm allergic too. (Weird, I know, but true. I go into anapholaptic (sp?) shock if I don't get benadryl IMMEDIATELY.) So, I handed it back and said, "No, no mayo, I'm allergic." The cashier hands it to the sandwich girl and says, "This is supposed to be lettuce only." She got angry and started complaining. The cashier then said, "Just wipe the mayo off and give it back." My response was, "No DON'T just wipe the mayo off, I'm allergic and I don't want to kill my baby." (This MAY have been more effective had I ACTUALLY looked pregnant.) Anyway, they give me a new sandwich and I'm on my way. In the parking lot I decide to check it and it has...TOMATOES! No, I'm not allergic but I HATE them!

Of course, now the inside is closed, so I get in the van and DRIVE to the drive through where I proceed to tell them that I've tried THREE times now to get a correct sandwich. I go, "ALL I want is a bun bottom, a piece of chicken, a piece of lettuce, and a lid!" The MOD was the one at the drivethrough and was quite upset that I'd come back AGAIN. She SHOVED the bag at me and slammed the window in my face without so much as an "I'm sorry for the hassles." At this point I do NOT trust them and checked the sandwich right there, which clearly angered her more.

Being as it had appeared correct, I went back to the hotel and started eating it. About halfway through I noticed the faint taste of...MAYO! HORRIBLE people. Immediately the hives came. Wouldn't it be my luck that this would happen 6 HOURS from home AND from my OB? I didn't know if benadryl was safe for the baby so I called my doctor. When he called back I told him a LITTLE bit of what happened and he said benadryl was fine but that if it started affecting breathing to go to the nearest hospital. FORTUNATELY the benadryl worked.

So, I went to the Wendy's the next day and talked to the GM. I told her everything that had happened and she gave me my money back and offered me lunch that day. I looked at her like she was nuts and said, "No, I don't intend to EVER eat at another Wendy's again. I'm also holding your restaurant PERSONALLY responsible should anything happen to my baby." Oh, btw...the manager from the night before came out and told me I was a liar and that I had NOT had an allergic reaction and I had NOT called my doctor in another state. I was like, "You want his name and number? Call him and ask!"

Anyway, I got home and wrote a letter to THAT GM AND to all the chief officers and vice presidents I could find. The ONLY response I got was from the restaurant manager, who sent me a coupon for a free classic single.

Anywho, I replied with, "I told you, free or otherwise, I have NO intentions of eating at a Wendy's again. ALL I want is for your employees to be properly trained and you can't even manage to show that that is important to you."

So, basically, until they learn to train their employees to honor a guest's request and to RESPECT it when they hear "allergy" I'm NOT going to eat at a Wendy's.

Sorry for the novel, but you asked for it, lol.

Edited by fluffyrat

That's freaking ridiculous. But that's what happens when people don't go to college, then they work at a fast food place, and then they F up everyone's orders. I can't even tell you how many times those places put ketchup and lettuce on my double cheeseburger. When I specifically said PLAIN! That's one of the reasons I stopped eating fast food 1 1/2 years ago. I got sick of everyone messing up my food. Stupid morons.

Thankfully your baby is okay.

Edited by Amanda

So, I went to the Wendy's the next day and talked to the GM. I told her everything that had happened and she gave me my money back and offered me lunch that day. I looked at her like she was nuts and said, "No, I don't intend to EVER eat at another Wendy's again. I'm also holding your restaurant PERSONALLY responsible should anything happen to my baby." Oh, btw...the manager from the night before came out and told me I was a liar and that I had NOT had an allergic reaction and I had NOT called my doctor in another state. I was like, "You want his name and number? Call him and ask!"

Anyway, I got home and wrote a letter to THAT GM AND to all the chief officers and vice presidents I could find. The ONLY response I got was from the restaurant manager, who sent me a coupon for a free classic single.

Anywho, I replied with, "I told you, free or otherwise, I have NO intentions of eating at a Wendy's again. ALL I want is for your employees to be properly trained and you can't even manage to show that that is important to you."

So, basically, until they learn to train their employees to honor a guest's request and to RESPECT it when they hear "allergy" I'm NOT going to eat at a Wendy's.

That's a shame. The Wendy's closest to me (which I had an issue with many years ago) treats me very nicely. Sometimes they're a bit slow with doing the orders (I've clocked over 10 minutes when it's just 2 people ahead of me), but it's not an issue when I know that they're going to treat me nicely despite how rushed and stressed they must feel.

As for what happened, I'd type up a detailed report of everything that you remember happening, set it aside, then make a separate report of additional details that you remember over a two day period. After that, reread what you typed, make any corrections you need to and work in the new details. Try to make footnotes of phone numbers you called and such so that things can be verified. Then have someone else read over it (proof read for one) and then ask any questions they might have in case you forgot to include something. Then after all of that is done, send a copy of the BBB and to their local police department (for the PD version, include a letter from your doctor verifying that you are indeed allergic to mayo, along with consent for that information to be used). What they did was criminal, as it could have caused you to go to the hospital. Yeah let that manager claim that you didn't have an allergic reaction. But when the police come asking questions and telling how you have a medical history of being allergic to it, I'm sure that manager will feel like a dumbass.

You might also contact Wendy's corporate offices and explain to them what you are doing, that you are going to let that police department handle the matter, as well as include a copy of the letter (the BBB copy) but also note that the police were sent a letter from your doctor confirming your allergy. Also include that if you do not get a response from them this time, you will forward the letter to the news media, as you are sure that they would eat it up that a fast food chain doesn't seem to care that one of their employees tried to kill you.

Point of it all? Well for one, gratification. You'll know that something WILL be done to make it right. Heck, who knows, maybe they'll offer you "hush hush" money, in fear of a lawsuit. If they do, just make sure that there's no clause included where you're prohibited from talking about the matter (except maybe to the news media). That way you can discuss it here.

But aside from that, someone else with allergies might go there and not be as fortunate as you, and I do mean that in the most depressing way.

That's one of the reasons I stopped eating fast food 1 1/2 ago.
1½ days isn't a long time.