N*Raged Forums

TV Commercials

As I said elsewhere - I don't watch much TV, but before I fell asleep last night I turned on Animal Planet (Prehistoric Park).

Commercials don't bother me that much, but when they show the same exact one twice in a row it's a wee bit annoying.

I'm sure it's just a minor glitch in their programming, but still...

B) B)

I usually don't bother with TV at all - or I'm just very selective about what I watch.

Those would be the ideal things to do (change channel or walk away momentarily) but since I was just about to go to sleep and wasn't thirsty, I figured I'd sit through the commercials. I just had no idea they'd be duplicates right in a row.

Ah well, no biggie really.

I don't much much tv. And I really hate commercials, especially the ones that run over and over again. But when I do watch tv, I'm usually sitting at my computer desk so when the commericals come on, I can just turn my back to the tv and surf the web, blocking out anything that's on the tv.

http://www.n-raged.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Kinda forgot there you were about to go to sleep.

No worries B)

Not all commercials are punishment. Some are quite funny.

http://www.n-raged.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Yeah, but wouldn't it be a little annoying if you saw it two or three times in a row?

Especially if it's a commercial that isn't as funny as that one - or not funny at all.

I just don't watch the commercials. I'll usually turn my program on, pause it (I LOVE Tivo) then go do laundry, get a snack, feed baby or whatever I have to do that'll take up about 10 minutes. Then when I go back and start my program I'm behind air time so I can FF through the commercials. WOOT! (Or I just set what I want to record and watch it later, still works the same, no commercials) Edited by fluffyrat

I don't have Tivo and I'm not likely to be doing laundry, etc. when I'm about to go to sleep. If I'm beat and ready for bed, chances are I've already done what needs doing and I'm not hungry/thirsty.

This just happened to catch my eye the other night.

Anywho...it's not really the commercials themselves, especially since I don't watch TV often enough to care about the show being interrupted by them - it's having the same exact one repeat twice in a row. Like the first one ends and the very same one comes on right after. I know that the same ones often come on in cycles like:

TV SHOW - Cable Ad, Exercise Machine Ad, Car Ad, Hair Product

TV SHOW - Meerkat Manor, Animal Charity (ROAR), etc,

But...

My complaint is (not that you all can't branch off and talk about commercials in general):

TV SHOW - Cable Ad, Cable Ad(same company/script as the first), Meerkat Manor, Car Ad

TV SHOW - Satellite, Satellite (same script), Exercise Machine Ad, ROAR, Hair Product

TV SHOW - I think you get the picture

True, if I felt inclined or needed to do something else, I probably would have never noticed.

I don't have Tivo and I'm not likely to be doing laundry, etc. when I'm about to go to sleep. If I'm beat and ready for bed, chances are I've already done what needs doing and I'm not hungry/thirsty.

This just happened to catch my eye the other night.

Anywho...it's not really the commercials themselves, especially since I don't watch TV often enough to care about the show being interrupted by them - it's having the same exact one repeat twice in a row. Like the first one ends and the very same one comes on right after. I know that the same ones often come on in cycles like:

TV SHOW - Meerkat Manor, Animal Charity (ROAR), etc,

But...

My complaint is (not that you all can't branch off and talk about commercials in general):

TV SHOW - Cable Ad, Cable Ad(same company/script as the first), Meerkat Manor, Car Ad

TV SHOW - Satellite, Satellite (same script), Exercise Machine Ad, ROAR, Hair Product

TV SHOW - I think you get the picture

True, if I felt inclined or needed to do something else, I probably would have never noticed.

I saw what your gripe was, and I have to agree. I guess it must be a REALLY tough product to sell though. I mean, they have to harrass you about it twice in a row.

I saw what your gripe was, and I have to agree. I guess it must be a REALLY tough product to sell though. I mean, they have to harrass you about it twice in a row.

LOL Yeah really. Sheesh.

ETA: Sorry if I made it sound like you couldn't comprehend what I was biotching about.

Edited by Lady Night Owl

I just don't watch the commercials. I'll usually turn my program on, pause it (I LOVE Tivo) then go do laundry, get a snack, feed baby or whatever I have to do that'll take up about 10 minutes. Then when I go back and start my program I'm behind air time so I can FF through the commercials. WOOT! (Or I just set what I want to record and watch it later, still works the same, no commercials)

Oh hell yes I loves my TIVO B)

*watches*

Hehe, I am.B)

Back to the topic, I don't watch much t.v. either, the only things I really watch are Food Network and Scrubs,but I don't pay attention to the commercials, I'm usually on the computer so the only time I really even know a commercial is playing is if it looks good enough to get my attention.(Idk, my bff Jill?...Hehe).But on the flip side, it does suck when you're really thirsty(or have to pee) and you don't want to miss your show,and you don't have Tivo, so you have to wait for commercial so you can run and get a drink(or pee).If there weren't commercials...people would just have to pee really bad. B)