N*Raged Forums

Doctor's Offices

Yes, doctor's offices CAN really get on my nerves sometimes! So today I broke down and called my son's dr b/c he's not any better. He has reflux and basically he's still screaming like ALL the time. I wanted to leave a message for her to call back but the nurse is like, "If the medicine isn't working he needs to be seen."

I'm like, "You're serious? You can't let the doctor decide that?"

SERIOUSLY, this isn't something NEW! I'm not going, "Hey, diagnose a condition w/ these symptoms w/out even seeing the kid. NO, she KNOWS what's going on.

I mean, HELLO, visits DO cost money AND they're thirty minutes away! NTM, I was SUPPOSED to go to work tomorrow, I guess THAT'S not going to happen.

Anywho, it just gets me that I can't leave a MSG for my kid's doctor. No I have to take him IN, JUST to say, "He won't stop screaming!" Whatever, as long I get to talk to her one way or another.

Edited by fluffyrat

When you get a chance to talk to her, mention the conversation. Perhaps there's been a lot of messages lately from others that made it seem like she didn't need to see someone, but in the end she did. But perhaps she can leave instructions that you are an exception to the rule, where they'll let the her decide that per call.

Did the nurse speak with the doctor before she told you "If the medicine isn't working he needs to be seen." ? Usually when I have had to call back my doctor the nurse takes down my info tells me she will talk to my doctor and then she calls me back, so I am guessing she would have to speak with the doc before telling you anything Blah I hate doctors.

Sorry fluffyrat I do hope your baby gets better soon.

Did the nurse speak with the doctor before she told you "If the medicine isn't working he needs to be seen." ? Usually when I have had to call back my doctor the nurse takes down my info tells me she will talk to my doctor and then she calls me back, so I am guessing she would have to speak with the doc before telling you anything Blah I hate doctors.

Sorry fluffyrat I do hope your baby gets better soon.

No, she didn't really let me get through what I was saying before she said he had to come in. Anywho...I'm glad now that he did go in. He put on a GREAT show for her, lol. It was TOTALLY what he does at home, so she has a GREAT idea of what life's been like for the last month almost. Sooooooo...

She's sending him for an Upper G.I. to make sure everything is FUNCTIONING properly.

She's also, depending on the results, probably going to give him another medicine to help his tummy empty faster, that way at least there's nothing in there for him to reflux on. She also increased his dose of Zantac, so HOPEFULLY that helps some. He's asleep now, shhhhhhhhhhh...don't jinx it, lol.

We got him a little chair today to help him sit up and that seems to help him feel a little better. (Reflux is worse if you're lying down.)

is she one of those nurse practitioners? because those nurses are buttholes.

No...his doctor's a doctor and the nurse is a nurse, LOL. Anywho...it all worked out. His Upper G.I. came back normal and the Zantac is FINALLY making him feel a little better. YAY I better not rejoice TOO loudly, he might get ideas, LOL.

last month i went down to health services to experience my SECOND most embarrassing experience there.

the housecleaning lady decided to mop.. and not put up the wet floor sign, so as i went to go talk to the nurse, i slipped and fell on my rear end, resulting on a second trip later in the day to recheck my blood pressure...